Sunday, February 25, 2007

Miss Cleo Where are You ????

After my successful prediction of the police to be needed to remove people from a New Albany City Council meeting, (again thanks Roger) my daughters suggest I should continue to make more predictions. I think they just have a need to prove to themselves that it was purely luck that the first one came true. I hope it is not the case that they want to see their dad fail at something. So, for the entertainment of my children only, here are a few from the not a mystical shaman (Miss Cleo) Mr. Coop.

Before Derby Day 2007 we will see;

New Albany city council will pass a “non” all inclusive smoking ban for the city.
New Albany City Council will pass hiring guidelines for the Fire Dept.
New Albany City Council will approve the purchase of at least 5 new cars for the Police Dept.
New Albany City Council will pass an ordinance to allow for the collection of new construction site plan review and inspection fees.

Go ahead and laugh but remember it is an election year.

OK, how about the Oscars tonight? Sure why not, after all I do watch a lot of movies.

Best supporting actress; my pick-Adriana Barraza, Academy picks-Jennifer Hudson

Best supporting actor; my pick-Eddie Murphy, Academy picks-Same

Best Leading Actress; my pick-Helen Mirren, Academy picks-Meryl Streep

Best leading actor; my pick-Peter O’Toole, Academy picks-Forest Whitaker

This is so weird I have to make a comment first. This is the first year in recent memory that all the nominated films are actually deserving of best film. Usually there are one or two garbage films nominated just because they’re a Hollywood “message” movie. All five of these movies are very good and that makes this a very tough choice.

Best Picture; my pick-Little Miss Sunshine, Academy-The Departed

Enjoy the show if you can stay up that late. I am going to give it a shot.

1 comment:

John Manzo said...

I agree about the Oscars. They actually nominated some very fine movies.