Sunday, January 6, 2008

Coop Is Back

Free at last!!

Well maybe not completely free, but the 600 gal pond/water garden has been hand dug, landscaped, filled with water and gold fish. The fire pit area has been leveled and now in full family hot dog cooking condition. The tree swing for grandsons is working fine. The twin 8 person walk-in picnic tables are built and positioned between the pond and fire pit. House has new siding, gutters and downspouts. The daughters Honda Accord is road ready.

So, that is just a few of reasons I left the blogging sit for a few months.

Looking forward to the new city council and the meetings to come. I will be at the meeting Monday night. I cast my vote for Jeff Gahan for pres., though it doesn't count for anything.

I should be around more the next few months. The Christmas lights and deco are down and in storage. I have a speaking engagement Feb 9th and will be in Daytona for the Nascar race for 4 days. That is all I have on the plate for a while. People are calling asking about plans for Thunder '08 already. We will be there and in our usual spot but, I will be in Nashville, TN until at least noon that Saturday so I don't know how much partying I'll get in.

2008 will be the year Coop gets even more involved. Cleaning up New Albany of the Street Spam will be a priority. Look for this to be an issue before the new council and Mayor real soon.
After all, I believe cleaning up New Albany was a hot topic for the last elections.

That's it for now bloggers, see you late Monday night.

3 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

Good to see you back into the picture. I thought perhaps that you had moved away(or something worse).

Coop said...

Thanks, great to be back. Good to see the usual suspects at the council meeting tonight. Would have come over to chat but my Buckeyes are playing tonight.

The New Albanian said...

I'm ready to get back on street spam, too.