Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Benedetti-Recuse?

Concerning the vote on Gary McCartin's Charlestown Rd developement.

Just got off the phone with Ms Benedetti. She was very direct and to the point. She states she does not have to recuse if there is no capital gain for her.

She did not abstain because she said she was well informed, done her homework, had her facts straight and made an informed decision.

She insists her decisions will be made for the interest of New Albany not for any developer.

I have to agree with her statement legally, but personally for ethical reasons I would absatain, because I would not even be addressing a close relatives issues with my council. The last thing I would want is for someone to have reason to be investigating if there are capital gains to be made by my vote.

There are going to be several people watching her votes very close concerning developement issues. I guess I'll wait and see about her integrity as I will do with all new members of council and the re-new mayor.

No comments: