Friday, May 25, 2007

Momma is a Soldier

Momma Is a Soldier

I woke up one bright morning And I heard my momma say
I heard her telling DaddyThat she had to leave that day

I knew that she'd be gone awhileJust like she was before...
And I looked with love at her smiling face As she walked out of the door

Oh Daddy did the best he could He was so good and kind
I think he tried to make up forWhen momma left me behind

You see she is a soldierShe must go when duty calls
But she doesn't know I don'tunderstand All those papers on the wall

The last time Momma left us My tears begin to fall
She told me not to cry for her To watch the papers on the wall

That she'd be back to love me And we'd laugh and play again
That she'd be leaving messagesUntil we'd meet again...

She loved to serve her country Was so I could be free
My momma was a soldier first And then a mom to me...

Now she is an angel...Her plane crashed in the sea
She won't be coming backTo laugh and play with me

Yes, Momma was a soldier She stood brave and tall
Now all I have to play withIs her medal on the wall...

Author: Jene Lindaman

No comments: